Wrongful Death Claims
Unfortunately, the actions or omissions of one person can result in devastation for many others. Losing a loved one is a difficult transition and it is even more difficult when it is due to the negligence or actions of another. The added burden of having to figure out the legal details can prove to be too much bear alone.
North Carolina law allows recovery of several types of damages in wrongful death cases including:
- Medical and hospital expenses
- Reasonable funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering of the deceased
- Future lost net income of deceased
- Loss of services, care, and assistance that the deceased provided to his or her heirs
- Loss of the companionship, guidance, and comfort that the deceased provided to his or her heirs
- Punitive damages, if appropriate
If you are undergoing the painful loss of a loved one due to the negligence of another, you need an experienced, compassionate lawyer to provide you with representation, direction, and advice regarding your legal rights. If you find yourself in this unfortunate situation and would like to discuss your legal rights, contact the O’Neal Law Office today for a free consultation.